Account Setup Instructions:
1. To set up your company account, log in using your Administrator account (the account you signed up with), and click on the Administration link on the main taskbar. You will be taken to the administration screen.
2. Click on the Settings link to set up your company's setting. Company settings apply to all users. To ensure that your employees cannot alter their time, we suggest that you get the time from the WebPunchClock server. Enter a default work schedule and a default paid time off. These default values will be used when you add your new users. Click on the Update button to save your settings.
3. Create your groups: Click on the Groups link and then click on the Add Group button. Enter the name of your group. A group could be a department, division or office within your company. If you have groups in different time zones, you can assign a time zone to the group by clicking on the "Assign time zone to group" check box and entering the time zone. Save your changes by clicking on the Save button.
4. Add your users: Click on the Users link on the gray administration taskbar. Click on the
Add User button. Add your employee information. When a user is created, the password will be the same as the user ID. Your users can change their passwords by clicking on the Change Password button on the main WebPunchClock login screen. Enter the work schedule if you did not enter a default work schedule under Settings. The work schedule will be displayed as Contracted on the user's timecard. Enter the length of the user's paid time off days, if you did not enter a default value for paid time off days under Settings.
For the access rights, select the User access type for your employees that will be punching in and out. You can either restrict them to punching in and punching out only, or you can allow them to edit their own time records. For managers, select the Manager access type and then select the levels of access for editing timecards, creating users, approving timecards, and running reports. For administrators, select the Administrator access type. Administrators have full access.
Select the overtime type for the user. Overtime can be paid either weekly or daily. For no overtime, click on the "No Overtime" checkbox.
If your users can accumulate flextime, click on the "Track Flextime" checkbox.
For your users that work an overnight shift, you can enable the overnight shift option by clicking on the "Enable Overnight Shift" checkbox and by entering a shift end time.
The time rounding option automatically rounds the time up and time down for users that punch in and punch out.
To restrict a user to punching in and punching out from a specific PC in your office, you can enable IP address checking. You must use a static IP address for this to work correctly. To have static IP addresses set up for your users, you may need to contact your network people or your Internet provider.
To save the user to the WebPunchClock database, click on the Save button.
After adding your users, you can send them their account information by going to Administration=>Email Notifications (Account Setup). Select a group or all groups and then highlight the users by left-clicking on them while pressing down on the Ctrl key. Enter your email address in the "Reply to" textbox. Click on the Send button to send out the emails.
The following information will be sent in the email message:
The WebPunchClock URL:
The user's login information:
- Company ID
- User ID
5. To view, approve, and edit your employee timecards, click on the Approvals link on the main taskbar. To view a specific user's timecard, click on the View link. If your employees can punch in and punch out only, you, as an administrator or manager, will need to edit their timecards and add their time off days. The hours for the time off days are calculated automatically based on the paid time off hours you entered when you created the user. If your employees can update their own time records, you can approve (i.e., close off) their timecards so that they cannot go back and change them.
6. To run reports, click on Reports link on the main taskbar.
7. To download your time records, click on Download link on the gray administration taskbar.
If you need additional help, you can email support at email@example.com.